Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trick or Treat for My Sweet

I love Autumn. I feel instantly festive whenever I'm outdoors; I wish it lasted longer! When the sun touches the trees for the last time before evening, it takes my breath away. The only negative thing about Fall right now is that it makes me yearn to own acres of land. That isn't possible now, but maybe by next year I can take my lovely kiddos to frolic through the autumn colors on our 6-acre parcel. We could walk through our own forest, feeling patches of sunlight warm our faces as we brave the almost-winter chill. Light coats, thick scarves, snug boots, worn mittens...even the attire of Fall is magical.
Halloween is such a fun time to enjoy autumn. This was Scott and my first time taking Emerson out trick or treating. We were accompanied by family and friends, and it was a fantastic evening. Em was dressed as a little German boy- a very easy costume to pull off. He was frightened when we first started walking house to house, but once he realized he was getting something for his plight, he began running from place to place! As his satchel began to fill with candy, his running became more and more lobsided, but his temperament remained upbeat. Though, on the last portion of our walk home, he consented to being carried by our lovely friend, Noelle. We met back at our headquarters, Brandon and Steph's home, and we shared our treasures with one another along with pizza from Jojos. The evening ended in laughter, conversation, and the children running off their sugar-highs.
Did I mention I love Autumn?







3 comments:

  1. Krissy, it's great to see these pictures of you, Scott and your beautiful son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great site! We are so excited and proud of you. Mom and Dad D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey the new cookies look great. Looking forward to our order.

    ReplyDelete